Whānau Aroha support
At Te Hapara Family Services we offer support for whānau in the community and whānau of tamariki enrolled at Waiapu Kids Te Hapara Whānau Aroha. We focus on:
- Strengthening whānau connection in their community
- Building whānau resilience
- Mentoring whānau to provide a safe and nurturing environment for their tamariki
- Delivering programmes and workshops to families at our offices or out in the community, such as Building Awesome Whānau
Our service offers help to individuals and families with concerns and issues such as:
- Family violence
- Anger and anxiety
- Grief and depression
- Loneliness and isolation
- Family relationships
Our social work focuses on working alongside whānau to:
- Acknowledge their issues and challenges
- Encourage and support them to find their own solutions and achieve their own goals
- Access resources in the community
- Access programmes and workshops
Seasons for Growth
Our Growing Through Grief Coordinator facilitates the Seasons for Growth® programme, a peer-support loss and grief programme, strengthening the social and emotional wellbeing of those who have experienced significant loss and change.
Age-appropriate groups are available for children and young people between 6 and 18 years of age.
Programmes will also be available from term three in 2019 for parents and caregivers who have children attending the Seasons for Growth® programme, and also for other adults who have experienced loss.